This notice is intended to provide information about how the club will use or “process” personal data about individuals including current , past and prospective members.
Responsibility for Data Protection
The data controller for personal information held by Chelsea and Fulham BSAC is the committee. As data is processed for recreational reasons only registration with the ICO is not required.
The purposes for which we process personal data
Chelsea and Fulham BSAC collect , create and hold personal information relating to our members and may also receive information about them from BSAC. We use this personal data to:
- provide membership services and administer the membership and activities of the club;
- publish and promote the activities of the club;
- maintain relationships with alumni of the club;
- monitor and ensure member safety and safe diving activities;
- make use of photographic images of members in publications and on the club website;
- keep members updated about the activities of the club including by sending updates and information by email and post;
- organise trips and holidays both in the UK and abroad;
- and where otherwise reasonably necessary for the club’s purposes.
The categories of personal data that we process
The types of personal data processed by the club will include:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and other contact details.
- Diving records and assessment results.
- Diving qualifications and courses attended.
- Medical records and bank details.
The legal basis for the processing of club data
The legal basis for processing the personal data listed above is to:
- enable us to administer club activities;
- comply with our legal obligations;
- provide the required information to our governing body the British Sub-Aqua Club;
- and keep members informed about the activities of the club.
Data Retention Periods
Member information will be kept while people remain members and for a maximum of 5 years after they have ceased to be members or until any equipment retained by the individual is returned to the club.
Information relating to financial transactions will be kept for 5 years.
We use third party data processors to provide us cloud storage services, apps and software for use in the club and to facilitate the secure transfer of data between committee members. This use of data processors will only take place if it is in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
Sharing Data with Third Parties (other data controllers)
We may share data with the following recipients:
- British Sub-Aqua Club
We will not give information about members to any other third parties without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Rights of the Data Subject
Data protection legislation gives individuals certain rights which are detailed below. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact the club committee.
Right of access to personal data “subject access request”
You have the right to access the personal data that the club holds about you. Requests need to be made in writing. We take the security of personal data seriously so we may ask you for proof of identity to verify that you are entitled to the information requested.
Right to withdraw consent
Where we have obtained your consent to specific processing activities you may withdraw this consent at any time.
Right to rectification
You have the right to have the personal data that we hold about you rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We will respond to such requests within one month.
Right to erasure
You have the right to have personal data erased in certain specific circumstances. If you make such a request we will consider whether the right to erasure applies and give you a full and reasoned response.
If you disagree with a decision that we have taken regarding the processing of your personal data please contact the club committee.You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/.